Friday, April 3, 2009

What to do when Mom Craters...


Ha! No really...seriously...I always wondered what would happen when I finally cratered. Well it happened! I've been fighting double ear infections and apparently a pretty serious sinus infection for about 20 days now and it took me down this week.

We had a great weekend with family and spent Saturday at SeaWorld. The wind blew about 100 miles per hour and it was cold - so that pretty much did me in since I was already not well. By Saturday night I was down for the count. Sunday I went in early to set-up for church and spent the rest of the day in bed - and yes - my family was all here - which I felt terrible about - however I could barely function. My mom ended up staying through Tuesday morning so that I could have time to go to the dr. (HUGE BLESSING!) He put me on another round of high-powered anti-biotics. I went home with her on Tuesday and received some much needed rest and rejuvenation. I am still not over it, however I can manage the daily activities of our lives...pretty much...I ordered pizza for dinner. Does not cooking count?

I had time at my parents to rest, read my Bible, pray, think (who has time to do that, really?), sleep in and get in a good mom and dad fix. So God was sufficient this week to provide for all my needs-ones I didn't even know I had.

It usually happens this way...I completely wear myself out and then end up sick...keep pushing until I have to go on a mandatory "mom vacation". My good friend did remind me that it probably didn't have much to do with the fact that I've been up past midnight blogging and reading...hmmm...should rest be a priority?? (Thanks Melinda D. for keeping me grounded).

No comments: