Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just life at the Elkins'

Its a chilly morning here - but no worries it will be up to around 81 degrees later. Me and the girls hope to plant some flowers and work in the garden. Coley is so excited because tonight is the premiere of Deadliest Catch. By far one of his most favorite TV shows. I thought that would be an awesome opportunity to go have coffee with some friends- while he is totally engrossed in crab fishing. Tomorrow night is our (me and coley's) TV night together, Ha! Ha! We watch UFC's Ultimate Fighter together. I know its crazy, but I'm hooked. I am absolutely sure that the UFC's target audience is the stay-at-home mom. :) But after all - when you've been at home with the kiddos all day - sometimes knowing how to do an armbar does come in handy!

I was thinking this morning about how much I treasure our Mondays at home. I sort of protect that day to be our day of rest and recovery after the weekend. Usually by Monday my home looks like a disaster zone and I am left wondering around the kitchen scratching my head as to what to feed my family for the week. I also love Mondays because I take that opportunity to bake and get some stuff in the freezer. Yesterday I made pumpkin cranberry pecan granola, granola bars and zucchini muffins. Its been different this week because we are back to adjusting our meals to include non-dairy items for Landri.

Do you have any good homemade snack ideas? This month's issue of Parents magazine has a bunch of ideas that are healthy and easy. Enjoy your Tuesday! Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

OOH! I LOVE watching the deadliest catch too! It's so addicting! I can't say the same UFC, but you know...whatever:)

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

You are so funny. Shane would love it if I would watch that with him! Is Landri having trouble with her allergies again? Miss you guys!