We spent all day at Sea World and had an awesome day. The weather was great - cloudy and mid-70s. No long lines standing next to sweaty teenagers or feeling the asphalt melt under your feet! No meltdowns from the girls! We had an opportunity to feed the sea lions which was so neat because they talked to us and flapped their "flippers" for more food. I visited every bathroom in the park with Landri as well. That happens to be my favorite part! HA!;) Paige just loves the killer whale show. I of course got emotional thinking back to our first trip to Sea World shortly after we were married. We didn't have a clue what it was like to be a "family" and the joy of having children or dragging them through a amusement park all day. Coley about fell off of his seat watching some guy (who was sitting in the splash zone) be completely surprised that water came shooting at him. It was hilarious - Coley said that it would have won the $10,000 prize on America's Funniest Home Videos.
We left Sea World and went to eat at our favorite river restaurant with their out-of-this-world spinach dip. It was too funny - we sat down and ordered our food and Paige looked at us and said "I want to pray!" So we all bowed our heads and prayed with her. Coley asked her why she was so eager to pray, she replied "I'm really hungry and I want to eat when our food gets here."
It was priceless! Coley had a sweet day!
Saturday, we got to church and Paige walked in and yelled to our pastor's daughter, Ella,"Did you know my daddy is 30?"(with lots of emphasis on the 30) and Ella replied "Really 30?"
Landri proceeded to take a dump in the men's bathroom at church. We were getting ready to leave and I could not find the child. I was calling out for her everywhere and getting a little mommy panicked when I heard a small voice say, "i'm in here", from the men's bathroom. My only guess is that the women's bathroom light had already been turned off and she saw that the men's was still on and so she went on in. Only Landri...
Sunday night, we were reading the girls a short devotional and it was talking about salvation. Afterward, Paige looked up at me and said "the other day during nap time, I asked God to forgive me for disobeying and told him I was sorry." I was so thrilled - we got to talk a little more about sin and believing in Jesus. She is right there, so close, in her understanding! It is so encouraging as a parent and that Coley and I were both there to hear her say that.
It has rained here for two days straight! Crazy type of rain, but it has been great. We take Paige back to the dr. tomorrow for her foot. She hasn't seen much progress and I am anxious to hear what might be the problem.

1 comment:
Sounds like ya'll had some awesome family time. I know I cannot believe that Coley is 30! Seems like just yesterday you met that skinny cowboy in the little blue truck. What a great dad and husband he is... I love you! Bessie
Post a Comment