Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday...

So we made to the children's hospital by 8:30 a.m.! That was a feat in and of itself especially since we had to fight morning rush hour traffic. It brought back memories as I haven't done that in a long time. I ended up fixing the girls hair in the parking garage because I had to wake them up and put them in the car. Dr. said that Paige will need to wear her air cast for another 3 weeks and it should be on her foot pretty much full-time except for bathing and sleeping. They also want her to do some physical therapy so we will start that next week.

We did a bunch of other stuff while in the "big city" and I bought my first two pair of Birkenstocks. A locally-owned shoe store was having a good sale and so I indulged. I felt completely guilty. Why do we do that as mom's? When we finally get something new to wear we feel guilty? Paige asked me why she wasn't getting new shoes when we were leaving...just reminded me that it is normally them getting new shoes instead of mom and dad. Boy have times changed! I remember shopping pretty much every weekend for new work clothes and shoes! Ha! Heather and Mom were so proud that I have finally joined them in the "birkenstock fan club" - I made them proud!

Just a few side notes - I was talking to my sister yesterday morning while she was in the drive thru at Starbucks. Once the "barista" gave her the drink I heard Ethan in the background say "French fry please!" I died laughing! Heather said that any drive thru they go to he always thinks he is going to get french fries. Too funny!

Paige told me tonight that she really wants a little brother and I told her to start praying for one. :)

Today we went to an organic market and the lady at the checkout register had black and bright red hair. Both of the girls were astonished and told her that they really loved her black and red hair. Landri said it like three times until I finally put my hand over her mouth and quietly asked her to please stop commenting on the woman's hair. :)

2 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

Don't kids keep us honest. They are so open. Sometimes it humbles us so. I can't get Heather's blog to come through. Can you send me the link for her blog again? Tell Coley Happy Birthday from the Huckabee crowd.
Tammy

Heather said...

Yeah Paige! You keep praying for that brother...