Its 12:41 a.m. and I have been up working on several things. I just started a new study tonight called "When Wallflowers Dance" by Angela Thomas. I have really enjoyed her studies when I need a little direction with my quiet time. Being on the staff at our church, I don't get to attend service much because I am working with the kiddos. This has been a transition for Coley and I- but God has given me much joy and we have an awesome prayer time which I really look forward to. It has really challenged me to feed myself during the week spiritually which of course has not been void but great!
I am really looking forward to this weekend - my family will be here - all 8 adults and 3 kids - and it is always a good time together. We are going to celebrate Paige and Ethan's birthdays with a trip to Sea World and time together. Can't wait! Its been 3 months since I have seen my parents and brother and sister-in-law. Way too long! It won't be that long again...I am going to be heading north on the interstate regularly and petitioning my sister to meet me there. My parents house is such a refuge for me and my family. Its always warm, safe and restful...well as restful as it can be with your two children in tow who are overwhelmingly excited to see their MeMe and Pepper. The food and company are always good. I always leave filling as though they have loved on us, encouraged us, allowed us rest -almost a refueling for the road ahead. Sweet time and so blessed to have a good relationship with my parents.
I was explaining to some new friends why the girls call my dad "Pepper" and they thought it was hilarious and adorable. Of course, its because he is known for his Dr. Pepper. Too funny to see Landri crawl up in his lap and share a dr. pepper with him.
Another bonus this week! DATE NIGHT!! I am ashamed to admit its been over 2 months since we have had a date. It just dawned on me that the only alone time we really get is in bed...most of which we are sleeping...hmmm...probably should take note of that more often and put that relationship higher on the priority scale. :)
Paige is doing great with her cast. I have to remind her not to be jumping off the _____ (you fill in the blank) because her foot has not healed. Isn't that what got us the cast in the first place?
Landri's personality is developing each day. She begs me at least 5 times a day for M&M's and has started having an opinion about what I pick out for her to wear. I was hoping that wouldn't start for a while.
Coley's been busy at work and we planted a huge garden last week. So he's been taking care of it. We may have gotten a bit out of control on the size of it...but hopefully we will have lots to share with neighbors and friends...who doesn't love a little home-grown fresh subdivision produce?
Good night!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like things are going great. You have the best mom, I remember always wanting your mom to be my mom she was always there supporting her girls.
I wish we were there to be with your and your family. We so enjoyed our time in San Angelo with the family. Seems like we have lost our right arm without you guys around all the time. Love you guys and tell everyone hello. Maybe we will see you some this summer.
Tammy
Post a Comment