Okay ladies! I have figured it out! I have arrived into the world of super coupon clipping and ad-shopping!
Every Sunday I get the paper and clip out coupons and look at the ads for Target, Walgreens, CVS and H-E-B. I start by circling those items that are on my list for the week (those things that we are out of or getting close to) and those items advertised which appear to be really good deals. Next, I browse through my coupons and pull those that match up with the sale ads. I usually have a calculator close by and figure the savings - especially on things like toliet paper. I also browse a few blogs of moms who have already done the work for you and have the best deals listed:
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/
I am convinced that most stores think we are a bunch of hum-drums who don't even notice prices or ads. Actually I have been pretty hum-drum! Now it is a challenge to see what I can get for free or close to free!
Here's what I purchased last night:
Walgreens:
Aquafresh Toothpaste - 99cent Walgreen coupon + 75cent coupon = Coley got his favorite toothpaste for 24cents
Printer Cartridge refill = Normally $10. Less $5 walgreen coupon - $3 Register Reward = $2 I paid out of pocket
Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Paste = on sale for $2.99 - 2.00 walgreens coupon - $1 Garnier coupon = 1 cent I made! These were free!
Ibruprophen - clearanced Walgreen's brand for 60cents
Obrit Gum - 3 packages for 99 cents (this less than it costs for 1)
CVS:
Milk - $2.89 (this is great! usually milk around here is 3.99, plus I snagged $9 in cash back from purchases I made using my Extra Care Card - all which were on sale and I used coupons with those.
Target: We went to the new Target and I had over $33 in coupons and got out of the store spending only $25. They had great specials - I got some soft scrub cleanser for 60 cents after coupons and sale price.
*I take my coupons with me in store everytime I shop. You never know when something is going to be on sale that hasn't been advertised.
*Even if it is a great buy - and it is something that I absolutely don't need or won't use - I don't buy it. The only $$ you can really save is what you don't spend.
Happy Shopping!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment