Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another Glorious Day in the Life of Motherhood



I couldn't help but post today about the girls playing "ambulance hospital" in the middle of the living room. It was too cute. They constructed their very own ambulance using the laundry basket as the stretcher. They had a baby on it with a "hurt leg" and were taking her to the hospital when I shot this picture.

Paige also in a fit of assertion and 5 year old selfishness decided that she would label her new Barbies so that Landri would know that they are not hers to play with. I found Paige writing a "P" on the forehead of her Barbies with a Sharpie marker. She has no clue how ridiculous they look.

Landri just looked at her like "that isn't going to stop me from playing with your Barbies!"

This week has been crazy, amazing and exhausting. We attended an open house for a private school we are considering last night and it was really neat. Paige was really excited and I could see her light up when she entered the classrooms. She quietly observed and soaked in everything. She told me that she wanted to go to Kindergarten on Monday.

We went to eat Mexican food afterwards which is always fun - Landri always ends up with refried beans smeared pretty much every where. Paige eats much slower than all of us so we waited on her to finish during which Coley and I realized that we have now been out of college longer than we were in college (almost double actually). This was an "ah-ha" moment when we looked around the room and were surrounded by early 20 somethings drinking margaritas like they were already on spring break and wearing just enough to be decent to get into the restaurant. All the while, we disciplined two precious little girls, wiped beans and rice from little faces and tried not to distracted by all the skin showing in the room!

Another day in the life of motherhood! :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Seems like yesterday you and I were playing like that. At least we didn't label our barbie dolls. Paige is so smart. She just took care of the situation. I love it.