Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sprained Ankle

Paige decided last night that she would try to a new maneuver by putting one foot on the recliner and one foot on the couch and then jump off - soar through the air - landing in the perfect cheerleader pose. Well she got it the first time. Second time she was not successful. She played it off pretty well - especially since I told her that if her ankle was hurting really badly we were going to take her to the dr. By lunch today she was not putting any weight on her foot at all. I took off her sock and shoe to reveal a very swollen and bruised ankle. She told me that she didn't want to go to the dr. because she didn't want them to check her ears. :)
The pediatrician wanted to see her so off we went to the sit and wait then sit and wait some more pediatrician's office. :) Always fun with both kids in tow. They ordered x-rays and then went back to the dr. for them to wrap it. They said that is was just badly sprained. Funny part is that she had to tell the dr. what she was doing when she hurt her ankle. Good lesson. Landri was too funny. She insisted on sitting next to Paige on the exam table, wrapping her arm around her and patting her back. She is a good comforter - and it is in those moments - that I realize they probably are the best of friends.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I am sorry about Paige's ankle =( but I am glad that Landri was there to comfort her =) Sweet girls!