I don't even know where to begin. So much is going on. God has proved faithful - like he always does! Its amazing to me that I am always surprised at this - he promises us to be faithful.
I wrote the following as a devo to send out to my fellow children's ministry workers at our church this week and thought I would share here as well. Enjoy!
I know that many of you have seen the new movie Fireproof. Do you remember the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller -that is being played during the time he is committing to love his wife as God loves her - waiting on God - and his timing? Hear it here: http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/fireproof/whileimwaiting.htm
This song has been replaying in my ears over the past week -the lyrics are amazing! The song is a cry to God that even though this journey can be painful, confusing and hopeless - because we are his children we can make the choice to be hopeful - we can move ahead bold and confident - taking every step in obedience to God - that we will serve him and worship him, all the time faithfully waiting on him.
My grandmother calls this type of season in our lives "God's waiting room" - I imagine it as if we are all sitting in this dr. office-type waiting room with uncomfortable chairs(reminding us that we want to get out of here as soon as possible) with faint elevator music playing. So here we are waiting- anxiously waiting - thinking what step to take next - where to go from here - knowing that that I could be here a while. The joy of being in "God's waiting room" is that you get to experience (if you choose to soak it in) God's provision, joy, sustaining-power and amazing unconditional love and grace. Understanding and resting all the while that He has purpose for your waiting.
My dear friend told me last night that they have been in "God's waiting room" since October after her husband lost his job. She has been writing in a prayer journal scriptures that God has provided to her. She shared that the scriptures started out as reminders that he will not leave us, he is our provider, he has a plan for us and now have turned into rejoicing, praise and worship for the very season he is taking their family through. Has it been easy? No, but God has been faithful! He has provided in ways they never thought, grown their faith and proved his plans aren't our plans! His are better!
Are you in God's waiting room? What is God teaching you through this time of waiting? Are you worshiping, serving, trusting and resting in him?
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
* Here's a few for you to look up -Psalm 5:3, Psalm 33:20, Psalm 37:7;34, Psalm 38:15, Psalm 130:5
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment