Monday, May 10, 2010

Kindergarten Successful!


We are wrapping our first semester of homeschooling this week and Paige's kindergarten year. It has flown by! I have been thinking alot lately about how I just dreaded sending her off last summer to the big world of "school" and how God changed our course midway and set us on a new path. I have also been mindful that as a parent just because I make a decision today doesn't mean that I have to stick with that decision forever. It can be for a season or a few seasons. That's hard for me because I am a planner and want to see the road ahead of me.

This semester hasn't been the easiest - especially with me being pregnant and puky - but we made it! Yeah! I love the flexibility that homeschooling and being part of a co-op gives our family. We aren't tied into the "school schedule" and I do love being with my children...well except when they are emotional (got girls anyone?), or a little grumpy and need a good spanking. Ha! Good thing is that they put up with me on days like that as well...I still laugh at the fact that I am a mom - a stay at home mom - at that. Its never what I envisioned - but we don't always see the plans God has for us do we?

Paige's teacher at the co-op gave her an evaluation on end of year Kinder math and language arts to which Paige completely mastered. She said that she is already on a 1st grade reading level and is ready to take on 1st grade. 1st grade? What? I thought that I would never get out of potty training alive!

Our girl Landri is a hoot! She keeps us laughing and I am so jealous of her already olive skin. She looks like she has been tanning for months. She revealed to me on Saturday that Paige is her best friend. She is always wanting to rub my belly and tell the baby "Hi".

I am horrible with taking pics of the girls regularly. ;) Malinda took the above pic of Coley and the girls on his 31st birthday. We had a good day with Malinda and Wayne and enjoyed all the sights of the hill country in the spring. Fun day.

No comments: