This morning we didn't have church as usual. We were the "church" outside of the church walls on a Sunday morning. Novel idea, huh? Well actually...it was first written about in the book of Acts.
Anyway, it was awesome! We had about 100 folks show up and we went into a neighborhood and cleaned it up, worked on people's houses, loved on them and fed them lunch. We totally got our sweat on! It was neat to see everyone working- worshiping - because it wasn't about them...
We had a specific kids area where we played games and then planted flowers into pots. The kids then broke up into groups and headed out to deliver the flowers to the neighbors. They got so into it, loved getting dirty and then being able to give something they had worked on.
I especially loved the example of their parents and involving our children into serving one another in our community even though we didn't know them.
I love it that "church" can happen anywhere at anytime...even on Sunday morning! Its good to be reminded of that.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a great Sunday Amanda! I think it's wonderful! Love to you and your sweet little family!
I can't believe you are pregnant again. When is the baby due? I am not saying that in a bad way. I am very excited for you. Give me all the details.
Tammy
Post a Comment