Thursday, September 17, 2009

Early Fall Vacation

We had a sweet time over the last six days on our "early fall vacation". I say "early fall" because it occurred to me as I looked at the calendar today that Fall doesn't really begin until the 22nd - or really Fall doesn't begin until November - at least around these parts. Any -how - it was a vacation and it felt like fall - and I can't think of a better way to kick off my fav season.

We went out to the north east part of the state and stayed at a resort that reminded me of the resort where the movie Dirty Dancing was filmed. It was beautiful! It rained each day that we were there and the temps never got above 75. Glorious! I am not usually a cold weather gal - but I do enjoy temps in the 70's and RAIN! Glorious RAIN! It was awesome!

We had lots of rest, relaxation and fun with Scott, Melissa, Ella and Baby Jake. We couples even treated each other to a date lunch where we watched each the kiddos so we could enjoy a peaceful lunch with our spouses.

We visited the indoor waterpark at the resort -which my family totally loves! Paige and Landri amaze me at their love of the water - just like Coley. They have no fear! Paige and Landri both went down the huge waterslides by themselves a hundred times. However, the next day Paige got scared in the slide at Chick-Fil-A. Go figure.
There came a huge storm while we were getting out of the water for the evening and we ended up hanging out in the lobby of the waterpark because the lightning was so bad and the resort lost electricity for a brief time. It was pretty amazing...we haven't even seen a drop of rain all summer.

We took lots of walks as our condo was waterfront and got chased by some grumpy geese. One afternoon, Coley got stuck on the boat dock, as this angry goose pinned him and the girls in. I couldn't help myself - I was dying laughing. He was yelling at me to distract the goose and I was almost rolling on the ground. He was carrying both girls and trying to outrun this goose on crack.

The girls also loved the children's museum we visited. They could have spent all day there, however after almost 3 hours the adults were completely done. I was exhausted.


As most vacations go we ate good food, slept in, had good time with friends and just enjoyed being away. We also visited a local church on Sunday. It was completely weird to go in and not serve...to be served. Rest. The sermon was on Song of Solomon. Great book to visit a church on. Ha! It was still neat- I highly recommend doing this while you are on vacation. The girls even had a blast.

On the way home we took a detour route and went by this most awesome quarry. We got to see this quarry truck that Coley had always heard about, but that had never seen. That was cool!


Today it was back to normal - well sort of - Coley had the day off - allergy testing and we both went and visited our beloved chiropractor/physical therapist. After a week of sleeping on a regular mattress instead of our beloved tempur-pedic - we needed it!
Chao! Happy "Early" Fall!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun! I love the goose story! miss you