Sunday, January 18, 2009

Planted Where God Has Us


Hola fam and friends!

Its about 11:43 p.m. and this seems to be the time of day when my brain gets to rolling and I have enough quiet time to sit down and write. That is odd isn't it? Currently, all of the fam is tucked safely into bed snoozing and I am up thinking through the week ahead, today's events and some things that God is showing Coley and I.
God is absolutely amazing! I don't think that I will ever truely grasp his holiness completely or why he would allow us in this moment to be apart of something so much bigger than we can see. We have been involved in a church plant over the past 8 months and I still can't believe how God began putting the pieces of the "puzzle" together for us to serve in this body way before he created us. Most amazingly, is seeing the journey God has brought Coley and I through our marriage to this point - people, experiences, children, and I could go on and on. I'm trying to put into words - but really I am in awe of Him. Its amazing!

I'm so in love with Coley and how God is shaping him in so many ways to continue to lead our family spiritually in ways we never imagined! God is leading in Him in so many neat ways and changing Him and our family. Its been so neat to stand beside him and see God work in our lives over the past few months. Its been 8 1/2 years of marriage and although it hasn't all been good times, God's grace has been sufficient through it all. Yeah God!

So what's new?
Well - I am serving as the children's ministry director which has been stretching but great for me as I have had to put my all in Christ to lead and direct me. I didn't have control anyway! ;) He's proven faithful...the answered prayers are abundant, children are being spoken the truth of Jesus Christ and my fellow servants are awe-inspiring and so encouraging to me.

We have a weekly group of 8 to 10 families meeting in our home each Thursday night and they are like our family. God is so good to surround us with these folks as we seek to know him more and build community. Our group is growing so much that we will be forming a new group soon! Yeah God!

The girls are growing so fast. I've been feeling a little sad about Paige's 5th birthday approaching. She is becoming so big and has such a tender heart. She is our cautious child, very sensitive and loving, but also tends to worry and be anxious. She is merciful and wants all to be accepted - I notice her changing and growing all the time. Landri, however, is "miss adventure" and a tad-bit strong willed. :) She called me a "stupid monkey" the other day and I washed her mouth out with soap which didn't phase her a bit. They are about as opposite as they can get. However, they love each other and play well most of the time. They have become a lot closer and I would defintely call them friends!

We are all well! Yeah!!! I didn't post about this - but Landri did have an interesting experience with eating hand-sanitizing gel. We made it through okay after a short period of gel-induced drunkenness. Great way to start off the new year! ;)

No comments: