Friday, January 23, 2009

Frugal Momma!

Is anyone trying to save money? I have become the "frugal mommy" around here. My family is loving it- I think??
Here's a few things that I am trying out and come across:
*www.grocerygame.com - basically they do all the ad shopping and coupon clipping for you for only 1.25 per week. Its great! Once I get the hang of it I will probably do it on my own. They build a grocery list based on the store of your preference and they tell you how much you will save and which coupons to use. So you make your weekly menu off of the list of sale items at the grocery store. Check it out!
*Coupon clipping - Sunday paper - it has tons of them, plus you can print them out online from couponsurfer.com
*Baking my own bread - You read it right! I am going to bake my own bread - huge savings and it is so much better. It was totally enjoyable as well and didn't take long to do. YOU CAN DO IT!
*Only buy milk, cheese, eggs, butter at Sam's or Costco. They are really that much cheaper on these items- however beware they are usually much higher on other stuff. Always check prices first before going to make sure... www.samsclub.com (Got this tip off of Grocery Game)
*Buy whole foods - fruits, veges, meats, cheeses, etc. Don't buy much out of a box -it has lots of extra stuff in it and its usually not as healthy and much more expensive. I make my own granola - such a treat and inexpensive.
*Check out this blog - www.moneysavingmommy.com

I would love to hear your frugal tips!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

What kind of bread? You'll have to share your recipe!