Sunday, April 11, 2010

A change of pace...

Since coming home from the hospital I have scaled way back and have felt better just being at home and getting rest. I am eating and drinking! The naseau is still there and is almost unbearable at night.

We laugh because Coley has been working until around 8 p.m. and after he gets home its not only the girls bedtime but mine as well. We have been communicating in shifts. The other night I was in bed at my normal time - 8:30 - and Coley got in the shower and then came and got in bed with me. I looked at him and was like "what are you doing?" He said I just want to hang out with my wife and began telling me about what was going on in his life. Ha! Such a concept as we share our life together. Its just been crazy. I ended up falling asleep in the middle of our conversation and I am sure that he has already forgiven me for it. However, it meant the world that he came and just wanted to be my side even if I couldn't stay awake. Speaking of...I am awake a little later tonight hanging out on the couch with the hubby while he eats his nightly ritual of ice cream.

Coley and I also got to go to service today at church together for the first time in 9 months! It was awesome to sit next to him in service and worship together. Thank you Chris and Kristina! :) Serving as a children's director at our church is a family commitment which means that we are often in different places on Sunday. We love worshiping God through our service and loving on kids but it was also good to have a Sunday with Coley. I even told Scott, our pastor, at lunch today that I really enjoy his sermons - they are always a treat and fresh! He just laughed.

I have been reminded of God's faithfulness over the past month and half. Pregnancy is always so humbling. :) I read Isaiah 43 yesterday and was blessed to be reminded that it isn't if we will go through hardship, illness, tough days, it is when - but more importantly that God is steadfast and will not let it drown us.
Isaiah 43:1-3a
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

I am posting pics soon...my girls have grown so much. I promise!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Coley is such a sweet heart!