Ha! Really? This is horrible to say but I haven't posted since 2009. Our lives are just as busy as yours which means I have to be selective about what I am doing with my time. I went to a motherhood conference a few weeks ago and she said "in each season of motherhood learn what you can live with and learn to relax and let the other stuff go." I have thought alot about her simple but profound message. So true. So in this season of being a new homeschool mom (yeah!), pregnant with that pretty much constant puky feeling, children's director, mom of Paige and Landri, and wife to Coley I am taking things in stride. I have so missed my blog and took it offline for a while. I am back!
Hopefully, I can write more often. So with that I will attempt to catch you up. I am almost 9 weeks pregnant and am having the usual symptoms that I experience (no details needed). Landri would be the most excited. She always asks me when I am going to the hospital to get the baby out. She is convinced it is a girl however Paige disagrees and thinks it is a boy. Coley said he will be thrilled either way as long as I can make it through the first 20 weeks. He has been a trooper. He cooks either pot pies or ramien noodles for dinner each night and has been doing lots of dishes. I am due in mid-October.
We started a co-op for homeschool in January and I love it! It has been a huge answered prayer for our family and I love being an integral part of my child's education. I am teaching Kinder/1st grade History. We go to class two days a week and then we are home the rest of the time...well sort of. That is the goal. Church keeps us busy, but its great to be serving the Lord as a family. My children are learning early what it means to serve in a body of believers.
Paige turned 6 on March 3rd. Crazy. It has flown by. She is our driven child. Very motivated but very emotional. She has advanced so much at her schoolwork that she is moving up to Level 1st grade reading already! Landri is 3 1/2 and makes me laugh daily. God knew I would need a child very different than myself - lighthearted, laid back and care free. She makes me stop and remember that life can be fun and not at all organized.
Oh yes! How could I forget. Coley finally purchased a boat - his adulthood dream. So we will be enjoying it this summer. We've already been out twice during the winter. Fun times. Fun family times.

3 comments:
Yes! I am so excited you are back to some blogging. I love you!
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
Glad to hear you are back on hear, your words are so inspirational to me and many others I am certain. Glad to hear your finally letting him get his boat, Randall loves his and we have had lots of fun times in it. Good luck with the pregnant thing and hopes that you can enjoy this one.
Post a Comment