Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Celebration of March Birthdays and Pregnancy

As I write this post I am sitting in hospital room hooked up to IV machines (poor me). Yes - its that time of the pregnancy again however this one is a record - it only took 10 weeks to get me here. With Paige I was hospitialized at 16 wks and Landri at 13 wks. Its that yucky thing they call hyperemesis gravadium which basically means that I can't keep any food or fluids down. So its been since Sunday evening that anything has touched my lips...I am okay. At least I know what this is all about. Its funny. I have totally been here before and it is all too familiar. You know that you forget things about pregnancy and childbirth. I am convinced that if we truely remembered all the gruesome details we might, just might get cold feet on having more kids. Is it worth it? Absolutely! Come October I will have no regrets. One of my awesome ob docs told me and Coley tonight that we are totally having another girl(her educated guess)! We just laughed. Paige and Landri thought it was funny too. Good thing is that my dr.'s have got a plan. So hopefully this is a just a bump in the road.

Last week I managed to hold it together pretty well and was able to travel to MeMe and Pepper's where we met up with Little MeMe, Aunt Bessie and Ethan and Uncle Tanner. It was great...I have no pics because I felt so puky the whole time. They put me to bed at the same time as the kids each night. Most importantly, we celebrated Little MeMe's 85th, Paige's 6th and Ethan's 3rd birthdays. It was a sweet time. Plus Uncle Tann-o being there made it great. I haven't seen him in about 10 months since they moved to Denver.

I am rambling...its the medicine and dehydration. I will post more soon...hopefully when I am feeling better.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Amanda,
I have been praying for you and your family. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you. I'm glad you are getting the medical attention you need. Yes, it will be worth it when you have that sweet little bundle! Love you guys,