I met my sister and John on Friday in Fredericksburg to pick-up Ethan so he could play with the girls and so that they could celebrate their 6th Anniversary! So blessed to live close enough that these types of arrangements are possible for us - even though we don't live within 4 hours of any family member.
On the way home, Paige sat in the middle between Ethan and Landri. I heard her begin to tell Ethan about her decision to accept Christ and then she asked him "Ethan, are you perfect?" He looked up at her and said "yes!" Paige then began to tell Ethan that he was a sinner and that the only perfect person was Jesus. It was too cute to listen to their conversation. Ethan listened as Paige kept talking about Jesus and how much he loves us and wants us to know and love him. The funny part was that we had not been in the car 5 minutes when she began sharing her faith. How is that for urgency! She knows her in heart that she wants Ethan to know Jesus too and she told him that! It blessed me! She did hammer home the sinner part - I had to remind her to ease up a bit. I'm sure Ethan will go home and tell Bessie and Uncle John that he is a sinner! Ha! Whoever thought evangelism could occur with a 5 year old in a booster seat!
Today we had tons of fun just hanging out at home! We played outside, went swimming in the backyard and played dress-up! Ethan was thrilled to dress up. It reminded me so much of my cousin Darrell. When Heather and I were little he would play dress up with us! We have some really good pics evidencing it all- which he is just thrilled about. However, he lacks no manliness. He ran with the bulls in Pamploma, Spain a few years ago. Anyway, we finished off the evening by going and getting a slushy! I just couldn't wait to post these pics.
Can't wait to show him off at church tomorrow. He is getting so big - I just love being an aunt!

2 comments:
Oh..... You have got to email me that picture. I have got to get a copy of it. We had a blast. I know coley slipped him some Dr. Pepper.... he was hyper on the way home.
You are such a sweet sister Amanda! I love reading about your family. This is a wonderful way to stay in touch.
Post a Comment