Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sisterly Love

The sisterly love has pretty much escaped our household over the past week. The girls seem to be fighting more and more. Landri tries to assert control and Paige tries to "Mommy" her in all play situations. Funny thing is that Landri and Paige both will get upset if one of them tells the other that they don't want to play with them right now. I have given them that out- they may kindly say "No thank you, I don't want to play right now." I think that is important - plus I also have them play in their rooms by themselves sometimes as a break from one another. It completely wears me out...I feel really frazzled by 5 p.m. - no wait - better yet - by nap time actually after a morning of fighting.

I believe part of the issue is that Paige is bored. I can't seem to keep her stimulated enough...only three months until Kindergarten (Yeah! and Sad ;( hmmm...which makes we wonder what Landri will be like when Paige not around during the day. Landri will probably love having me to herself, however I know that she will miss Paige. They do have days where they play and play together. Joyful, amazing, wonderful, peaceful days. Paige told me in the car yesterday that "she had the meanest sister in the world!" I told her that I used to think Aunt Bessie was mean too and that we fought and were ugly to one another. But God told me that I should be nice to my sister because I want her to be nice to me and that now we are good friends. Paige just looked at me like "whatever". So I'm not sure that it really sank in...

Paige's ankle still keeps swelling and bruising. It is apparently the connective tissue surrounding the growth plate. We go back to the physical therapist on Monday and the pediatric orthopedist on Wednesday. So we will learn more then. Hopefully it will start healing soon. She started crying today because it hurt and that got me a little more worried. We iced it and gave her Motrin. She has her 5 year check up tomorrow and I am anxious to see how much she has grown. She is really starting to look like a school-aged girl.

Landri has been having problems wetting the bed. Last two days she has done it during nap and nighttime. She has been potty trained since October and has never wet the bed so I quit using pull-ups during nap and nighttime in December. Then all of a sudden she has had this problem. She cried tonight when I put a pull-up on her...she told me that she was a big girl. However, I have done three loads of sheets, mattress cover, and quilt in the past two days. I promised her that if she didn't have an accident I would not make her wear one tomorrow. So we will see.

Garden update:
We picked about 25 banana peppers and a few zucchini and yellow squash this morning. The girls LOVE the banana peppers. I finally had to cut them off. I was afraid that it would make their tummies hurt...but evidently the peppers didn't seem to phase them at all.

River Baptisms:
Our church had one river baptism tonight and will have 6 more folks baptised on Sunday evening. YEAH GOD! So exciting and always is a great conversation starter for the kids on salvation. Its so awesome to see - I cry each time, however I didn't tonight because I was in charge of taking pics so I had to be on the "ball". We are also going to have a "celebration of salvation" afterward on Sunday complete with BBQ and lots of families! It is by far one of my most favorite times of being in the body of Christ - welcoming a new brother or sister and celebrating the "new" life!

What else is going on? Coley has a red neck! No really, it is pretty red. I guess he didn't wear sunscreen today. As I write this he is laying on the couch asleep, with his glasses still on. Me and the girls give him a hard time about being our "redneck daddy"...its really sexy too!

Good night!

No comments: