Monday, August 25, 2008

Little for A Short Time


I have been overwhelmed the last two weeks with the thought of my blue-eyed baby going to Kindergarten next year. The memories have been racing in my mind, tears-flowing down my face and a suttle restlessness about the whole event. Maybe its because we are in a state of transition - even though we don't know what the transition is going to look like- or maybe- just maybe - it has opened the flood gates in my mind realizing that your children really are- only little for a short time.

Just glancing back at her in the carseat has been an awakening as her long legs dangle below the seat and as she plays with her hair and sings along "Blessed be the name of the Lord..." I remember being overwhelmed and heartbroken at the thought of leaving the tiny baby in the backseat all by herself as we would travel.

I mean I am a stay-at-home mom - this is what I "stay at home" for is my children - so the idea of them being gone all day and me being at home alone is a little weird. But wait- think of all the things I could get done! Ha!

Coley and I really praying that God will lead us in how we should school our children whether it be at home, private or public. It is a huge decision and one that I have felt an increasing burden to pray about.

Off to contemplate more! Nap time is over and the girls are up! Time to make chocolate chip cookies.

No comments: