Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to School...

Its incredible to me that this summer is almost over...well not the heat part...but the no school part!

We have had a super busy but fun filled summer. We've been on the lake most weekends and enjoyed getting to bed later and being able to sleep in.

The girls and I have been busy over the past week trying to wrap up summer and prepare for school to start on Monday. They are super excited as Paige will be starting 1st grade and Landri will be continuing pre-school. I will be teaching 4th grade math at the co-op which we will attend on Mondays and Wednesdays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we will be doing our school work at home and Fridays will be our field trip/fun/rest day. I am also excited to be joined in the homeschooling journey by 6 other moms who attend our church. We have begun our own "support" group (that sounds funny) but we have a whole year's worth of activities and field trips planned. I am so encouraged by it!

Landri is hilarious! She always adds humor to my day and has begun to be more and more independent. She really challenges Paige which is funny to see play out. She still loves her thumb...not sure when we will lose the attachment to it.

Paige is growing up. She is changing so quickly and I see her personality, thoughts, words, etc. beginning to mature. Of course learning to read has opened up a whole new world for her...some things I wish she couldn't read...

Not to mention we are about 2 months away from baby boy's arrival. We still have lots to do to get ready. We need to paint his room and go through baby stuff. Hopefully, much of this can be accomplished during Labor Day weekend. He moves constantly - especially at night...the girls are always commenting on my belly. They are excited to be a part of the whole process.

Coley has been super busy at work. This is their busy season which means working 6 days a week and averaging 70 hours. With the heat he is worn out so we just try to make the most of our family time together.

The Lord has really laid on my heart lately to resonate joy not only in my role as a mom, wife, friend, children's director but most of all to Him for all he has done for me. I have been reading Crazy Love by Frances Chan and the Lord has used it to remind me of my daily walk and how much I still can learn about him. Very encouraging.

Psalm 63:3-5 "Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

No comments: