Sunday, June 14, 2009

Welcome to my Wonderful, Crazy Life!

where do I begin? since my last blog post there is so much so I guess that I will just start with a short run-down of each member of my lovely family:

PAIGE - She did have the ear tube removed successfully, however we ended up with pneumonia as a side effect from the gas to used to knock her out. So it was a 2 weeks recovering from the surgery and then finding out that she had pneumonia after she had ran fever for 3 days. We had to have chest x-rays and blood drawn (which is always fun with a very anxious, sick, exhausted 5 yr old). Between re-fracturing the ankle, surgery and pneumonia all within a week she didn't have much left in her. It pretty much wiped her out. I noticed today that she had dark circles under her eyes as we left church and she slept well over 12 hours last night.

Oh, how could I forget? She also lost another tooth while she had pneumonia and has yet another one that is wiggly. To sum it up - we have been in recovery mode for the past 3 weeks.

She is changing, growing and really looking forward to kindergarten. She should get her cast off on Thursday if it has healed. I caught her trying to jump rope the other day so it will be interesting to see if it is healed. I find more and more that Paige's personality resembles mine and it seems to cause conflict between us. She is fun to be with and wants to know as much as possible about what is going on around her - which leads to lots of questions and some fear. I have learned to answer what I can without causing her to worry. It has been really dry here and Paige told me that "when she was washing her hands the other day, she asked Jesus if he would send us some rain." The very next day we got rain - to which Paige declared to everyone that Jesus had answered her prayer! She was really excited about that. ;)

LANDRI - My little Landri. She it too funny. Part of it is her age and the other her "free spirit". I have no clue how to relax and take in life like she does. She has also hit another milestone called "whine-fest". I just have to cut her off and remind her that I can't listen to "whiners" all day. Her new pretend name is "Gracie" and she loves to remind me that "Jesus is the boss of her". Coley asked her if she was going to quit sucking her thumb when she turned 3 and she looked at him and replied "No! I am going to suck it all day long!" We could not stop laughing...its just too much in her Landri voice. She has always got something completely hilarious to comment on. She finished her 1st official round of swimming lessons and did awesome! I think she felt really special since Paige has been getting lots of attention being sick. Can't believe its been 3 years - we will celebrate her 3rd birthday on Sunday.

COLEY & ME - I celebrated my 29th birthday on June 5th. The girls and Coley took me to eat and then to the Fossil Outlet to pick out a present! Then I went to Fredericksburg for a weekend away and met my sister, mom and sister-in-law. It was great to have some down time, rest, eat good food, shop, and be encouraged. It just seems weird to be 29! I still have this thought in my head that I just finished college a few years ago and its been 7 years!

Coley is super busy working out in this tremendous heat. He is pretty worn out when he gets home, but like I said we have been in recovery mode so its worked for all of us. We are very thankful that he has a good job as we have had several more friends lose jobs over the past few weeks.

9 years of wedded bliss! Well most of it has been "blissful"...we celebrated that night by going to Sonic and getting a slushy before taking Landri to swimming lessons. Romantic huh? Last night we had our official anniversary date and met some friends and floated down the river and then had dinner at one of our new favorite restaurants. Even more romantic huh? It was fun and relaxing, but not romantic. We haven't floated the river since before kids!

Most of all during the past few weeks, God has again proven faithful for all our needs- emotional, physical, spiritual, financial and even to ones we didn't know we had! He has sent us encouragers, a good nights sleep, extra overtime to pay medical bills, a bountiful garden to enjoy its harvest (we are getting 8 to 10 tomatoes per week and a 1000 or so zucchini!), a wonderful babysitter, Madalyn, to watch the girls so we can enjoy an evening out, family - Wayne and Malinda came and visited before Paige's surgery which was great because it took Paige's mind off of it and Aunt Bessie and Ethan after surgery which was a bright spot in the healing process -plus a big help to me! Even more so you can see His "fingerprint" on so many moments throughout the day. I am trying to keep my eyes open so that I don't miss anything that he has for me.

I am still trying to keep couponing and bargain-shopping and have found some really good deals lately. We (me and the girls) are trying to weave back into our schedule a baking day each week or so. I will try to post about those more often.

No comments: